15 Sept 2025

πŸ“ˆ 8 Productivity Tips for Moms: How I Stay Organized as a Mum of Two

 

8 Productivity Tips for Moms: How I Stay Organized as a Mum of Two

Looking for productivity tips for moms? Here’s how I stay organized and manage my time as a mum of two, with real-life hacks for shopping, cooking, routines, and decluttering.

Being a mum of two is rewarding but also overwhelming. Between sleepless nights, endless laundry, meal prep, and school runs, it can feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day.

As a mum of two (one in school and one under one year old), I’ve learned how to balance productivity, save time, and keep my household running smoothly. These are my best productivity tips for moms that can help you feel more in control, less stressed, and even have energy left for yourself.


1. Plan Your Shopping in Advance

Shopping with kids can be chaotic, so I plan my list in my iPhone Notes app. I add prices for each item so I can budget better, and I update the list every week.

πŸ’‘ Quick hack: Keep reusable shopping bags in the buggy (I use two Hello Kitty bags from Primark). This saves money and stress when you need to buy something unexpectedly.


2. Meal Plan and Cook Smarter

One of the biggest time-drainers for moms is figuring out meals. To stay productive:

  • I cook meals that last for two days.

  • I buy baby food in bulk so I never run out.

  • I take one “no-cooking day” per week (easy meals like fish fingers).

This reduces stress and saves energy.


3. Plan Your Day the Night Before

Each night, while unwinding with a podcast or audiobook, I plan my next day. I use a monthly planner for long-term projects but still make a daily to-do list with tasks like:

  • Doctor’s appointments

  • Social media posts

  • Homework checks

  • Bills and home improvements

This makes mornings smoother and keeps me focused.


4. Create a Daily Routine for Your Kids

Children thrive on structure, and having a predictable routine helps me organize my own time too. For example:

  • Morning: Skin-to-skin, breakfast, playtime, bath, or educational TV (Miss Rachel).

  • Afternoon: Walks, swings, feeding ducks, nap.

  • Evening: Dinner, bath, storytime, bedtime.

Consistency makes life calmer for both of us.


5. Use Spare Moments Wisely

As a busy mum, free time is rare — but small moments add up.

  • When breastfeeding, I listen to audiobooks on investing or parenting.

  • On walks while my baby naps, I brainstorm blog posts and ideas.

  • Instead of doomscrolling TikTok, I refocus on my goals.

Productivity isn’t always about doing more — it’s about making the most of little windows of time.


6. Stay on Top of Laundry

Laundry piles up fast in a family home. I do 2–3 loads per week and sort clothes immediately. My older child (age 15) also helps with washing — because productivity is a family effort.


7. Declutter Your Home

Clutter is the enemy of productivity. I only keep what we actually use. Having less “stuff” makes the home easier to clean, reduces stress, and helps me find what I need quickly.


8. Plan Ahead for Big Life Changes

I’m currently planning my return to work, which includes:

  • Researching nurseries

  • Writing out costs and comparing options

  • Contacting schools and childcare providers months in advance

Planning ahead gives me control and reduces anxiety.


When Productivity Isn’t Enough: Where to Get Support

Sometimes, even with the best routines, mums feel overwhelmed, anxious, or stuck. If that’s you, please know: you’re not alone. Support is available.

🌍 Resources for Moms Worldwide:


Final Thoughts

Being productive as a mum isn’t about doing everything. It’s about creating systems that work for you, saving time where you can, and giving yourself grace when things don’t go perfectly.

These tips have helped me as a mum of two, and I’ll be sharing more in Part 2 of my Productivity Series.

✨ Remember: Productivity should serve your wellbeing, not drain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!

My Honest Experience with Ecodenta Toothpaste 🦷🌿

  I've always believed that small daily habits can have a big impact on our health, and recently I decided to switch my toothpa...