Saving money doesn’t always mean cutting out all the things you love—it’s about making small, smart swaps that add up over time. This month, I managed to save over £100 just by making simple, practical changes in my daily life.
Here are a few of my favourites:
1. Switch to Generic Brands
I swapped a few of my favourite groceries to supermarket own-brand alternatives. Brands often charge a premium for packaging or marketing, but the ingredients are usually very similar. According to Which?, own-brand items can save households hundreds each year.
2. Meal Planning & Batch Cooking
Planning meals ahead and cooking in batches reduces food waste and prevents expensive last-minute takeaways. One of my favourite budget-friendly dinners is Prawn & Sweet Pepper Fried Rice —it’s quick, delicious, and easy on the wallet. The Money Advice Service notes that households could save £60–£80 a month by reducing food waste alone.
3. Switch Energy Providers
I checked my energy plan and switched to a cheaper provider. According to Ofgem, comparing energy deals can save households hundreds annually, especially if you haven’t switched in the last year.
4. DIY Household & Beauty Hacks
Instead of buying expensive cleaners or skincare products, I tried simple DIY alternatives like vinegar-based cleaners and oatmeal masks. A study from The Guardian highlighted how DIY options can reduce household spending without compromising quality.
5. Use Cashback & Rewards
From switching to cashback cards for essentials to using store reward schemes, I earned back small amounts on purchases that otherwise would have gone straight out of my wallet. MoneySavingExpert confirms that consistent use of cashback tools can contribute hundreds to annual savings.
💡 Want the full list + links?
I’ve compiled all my favourite money-saving swaps in one place—check them out on my blog: Full list + links.
Take Your Finances Further
If you’re serious about improving your financial habits, I also have an in-depth practical guide for money management, saving strategies, and investment tips: Practical Money Tips: Complete Guide to Improving Your Finances
Bonus: My Amazon Storefront
For tools, books, and resources that helped me along the way, check out my Amazon Storefront. Everything I recommend is budget-friendly and carefully tested.
CTA:☕ “If you’re ready to save smarter, start small. Each swap counts—£100 saved is just the beginning.”
🔗 Connect with me
🌐 Blog: ClaudiaLifestyleBlog.com
📸 TikTok | Instagram | Pinterest
📩 1:1 Coaching Email:
claudiadimes2020@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!