International Women’s Day is a moment to pause and recognise the strength, resilience and dedication that women show every day.
This year has already brought challenges and setbacks, but having clear goals and staying focused has helped me move forward. Sometimes when you’re constantly caring for a home, supporting family and thinking about everyone else’s needs, it’s easy to forget about your own wellbeing.
But one thing I’m learning this year is that taking care of yourself is not selfish. It’s necessary.
The Reality of Being a Woman
Women go through so many life experiences that require physical and emotional strength.
- Hormonal cycles and periods
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Postpartum recovery
- Menopause
- Balancing careers, families and responsibilities
- Emotional and mental load of caring for others
Despite all of this, women continue to show up every day with strength and resilience.
Starting My Skincare Journey
This year I’ve decided to start doing more things that help me feel confident and take care of my wellbeing.
I’ve recently started a skincare journey with Skin + Me. Their service creates personalised skincare formulas designed for your skin concerns.
You can check it out here:
Start your Skin + Me consultation
Every sign up through my link also contributes towards charity donations, which makes the journey even more meaningful.
Skin + Me formulas often contain dermatologist supported active ingredients such as:
- Tretinoin / Retinoids – helps improve skin texture and reduce fine lines
- Niacinamide – helps balance oil and brighten skin
- Azelaic Acid – helps calm redness and improve skin clarity
- Clindamycin – sometimes used to support acne treatment
Treating Myself: Skincare & Facials
I’m also planning to book a deep facial peel as part of my self-care routine.
If you’re looking for affordable facial treatments, you can often find discounted deals on Groupon.
Browse Facial Deals on Groupon
These deals can sometimes include:
- Deep cleansing facials
- Chemical peels
- Hydrating skin treatments
- Laser or skin rejuvenation treatments
My Monthly Hair Routine
I also promised myself this year that I would take better care of my hair and maintain a monthly hair routine.
Next week I’ll be installing blonde highlights with deep wave curls. I’m excited to try a glamorous style that feels fresh and confident.
I’ll be writing a separate blog post with pictures and details about the hair bundles used.
If you’re looking for affordable hair bundles, you can explore styles like these:
Ways I Save Money While Treating Myself
Self-care doesn’t have to be expensive. There are ways to shop smarter and still invest in yourself.
Buy Now Pay Later Options
- Clearpay – split payments into smaller instalments
- Zilch – flexible payment options and cashback offers
Cashback Opportunities
Many bank apps now provide cashback rewards when shopping with certain brands.
It’s always worth checking your banking app to see what offers are available.
A Reminder for Women This Year
Self-care doesn’t have to be extravagant.
Sometimes it’s simply:
- Taking care of your skin
- Doing your hair
- Scheduling rest
- Setting goals for yourself
- Choosing peace over stress
This year I’m choosing to invest in myself more — not just for how I look, but for how I feel.
Happy International Women’s Day to every woman reading this.
Suggested Reading
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like these articles from my blog:
- Why Choosing Peace Isn’t Giving Up – It’s Protecting Your Energy
- Lifestyle, Travel & Personal Growth Articles
- Travel With Kids: Budget-Friendly Family Activities
- My Self-Care & Wellness Journey
More lifestyle, family and self-care posts are coming soon.
You deserve care, rest and moments of joy too.
Connect with me
π Blog: ClaudiaLifestyleBlog.com
πΈ TikTok | Instagram | Pinterest
Facebook community Women Who Move
π© 1:1 Coaching Email:
claudiadimes2020@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!