3 May 2025

Trimming my babies hair to recover from hair loss

The main cause of hair loss in babies

As a mum we all know what cradle cap is a big factor in babies hair loss but also I’ve noticed with my baby girl that sleeping on blankets and riding on the buggy her hair is constantly in friction. 


So I decided to trim the ends , this was slightly difficult as my baby girl has little to no coils in her hair. Which brings me to believe that this also effected the amount of hair loss her hair is lustrous but not too thick. 


Why trim the end?

 The reason why I decided to trim her ends is because my hair was breaking so much before I was pregnant this was due to over styling to be honest and lack of moisture but once I started increasing my moisture routine and trimming my ends and wearing a bonnet.  with  my hair retained length. Obviously it’s not recommended to put bonnets on young babies because of risk of suffocation  so I will not be doing this plus my baby girl loves to investigate so it’s a strong no.

Products I currently use.

Currently the Products I have used is Child’s Play leave in conditioner child’s farm with coconut detangling spray which is gentle on her sensitive eczema prone skin. 





 Coconut oilis nutritious but does not hold the moisture for long which means I have to constantly re-apply which becomes pointless and will run up your spending as the organic coconut oil is pricey. 



Click Here for all the tools to keep your babies hair healthy and moisturised 

So what I have concluded I will stick with the child’s play and continue to trim my babies ends I will also use a silk mattress cover to reduce friction and I will review my products  in a few months time when she is old enough to try other products. My daughters hair is long enough to cornrow and braid so I do use accessories Or maybe I will produce my own ! Watch this space.  

I’m so glad that my babies hair is flourishing I plan to lean and encourage her natural hair to be healthy I love to style her hair with these Hair accessories from Amazon there are so many clips so you will never run out I don’t use elastic bands as her hair is too fine and that will pull on her ends which causes breakage but I use the clips and the bands that are made from soft cotton. Thanks for reading and see you in the next blog.



🔗 Connect with me


🌐 Blog: ClaudiaLifestyleBlog.com

💼 LinkedIn – Claudia Dimes

📸 TikTok | Instagram | Pinterest


📩 1:1 Coaching Email:

claudiadimes2020@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!

My Honest Experience with Ecodenta Toothpaste 🦷🌿

  I've always believed that small daily habits can have a big impact on our health, and recently I decided to switch my toothpa...