After completing my last Pilates arms and body sculpt challenge, I learned something important:
Consistency changes everything.
Not perfection. Not starvation. Not extreme dieting. Not random workouts here and there.
Real transformation comes from showing up repeatedly, understanding your body, and building sustainable habits over time.
That’s exactly why I’m starting a brand-new 30-day challenge combining:
- š„ Kettlebell training
- ⚡ High-intensity workouts (HIIT)
- š§š½♀️ Pilates
- šš½♀️ Progressive overload with weights
This challenge will focus mainly on:
- Arm definition
- Upper back sculpting
- Core strength
- Waist definition
- Muscle growth
- Fat reduction
- Overall body composition
What My Last Challenge Taught Me š
One thing I realised during my previous challenge is that if I truly want arm definition and muscle growth, I need to consistently challenge those muscles over time.
That means:
- Resistance training
- Push-ups
- Strength work
- Increasing weight load gradually
- Consistency
Pilates helped me build a strong foundation.
I noticed huge improvements in:
- My upper back definition
- My posture
- Core engagement
- Waist sculpting
- Body awareness
I could physically see changes in my body when wearing halter tops and fitted gym wear — especially around my back and waist area.
Now I’m excited to take things further by introducing heavier weights and increasing my load gradually over time.
This process is called progressive overload, which is one of the key principles for muscle growth and strength development.
Why Progressive Overload Matters šš½♀️
Progressive overload simply means gradually increasing the challenge placed on your muscles over time.
This can include:
- Increasing weights
- Increasing repetitions
- Increasing resistance
- Improving intensity
Research shows that progressive overload helps stimulate muscle adaptation and growth.
Without increasing resistance over time, muscles eventually stop adapting.
This is one reason I’m now investing in additional weights and kettlebells for my next phase of training.
Research: Progressive Overload & Strength Training
Why Kettlebells Are So Effective š„
Kettlebell workouts combine strength training and cardio conditioning simultaneously.
Unlike isolated gym machines, kettlebells activate multiple muscle groups together, helping improve:
- Functional strength
- Core stability
- Muscular endurance
- Coordination
- Calorie expenditure
Research suggests kettlebell training may help:
- Increase lean muscle
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Support fat reduction
- Improve posture & movement patterns
Research: ACE Kettlebell Study
How HIIT Supports Fat Burning ⚡
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) will help support my conditioning and calorie burn during this challenge.
HIIT workouts are associated with:
- Higher calorie expenditure
- Improved endurance
- Enhanced cardiovascular fitness
- The afterburn effect (EPOC)
The afterburn effect means your body continues using energy after your workout has ended.
This is one reason HIIT is often used alongside strength training for body recomposition goals.
Why Pilates Will Always Stay In My Routine š§š½♀️
Pilates genuinely transformed how I move, train, and feel in my body.
It helped me:
- Strengthen my deep core muscles
- Improve posture
- Increase flexibility
- Improve mobility
- Create more waist definition
- Strengthen my back
- Improve stability and control
Pilates also helped create that sculpted feminine strength look I personally love.
It’s no longer just “light movement” to me — it’s now an essential part of my training foundation.
Research: Pilates & Physical Conditioning
My Goal Is Body Composition — Not Just Weight Loss ✨
My focus now is improving body composition rather than obsessing over the scale.
That means:
- Increasing muscle mass
- Reducing body fat percentage
- Improving strength
- Increasing endurance
- Building sustainable habits
Muscle is metabolically active, meaning increasing lean muscle may help support long-term metabolism and overall strength.
This is why this combination works so well together:
- šš½♀️ Weights & kettlebells help build muscle
- ⚡ HIIT helps increase calorie burn
- š§š½♀️ Pilates helps sculpt, stabilise & strengthen
Nutrition Still Matters šš„
Training is important, but nutrition remains a huge part of my journey too.
I’m continuing to focus on:
- Fruit-filled mornings
- Hydration
- Protein-focused meals
- Whole foods
- Gut health
- Supporting recovery naturally
I want to fuel my body properly so I can continue building muscle, supporting recovery, and feeling healthier physically and mentally.
Workout & Wellness Essentials š️
Recommended Reading š
- The Science of Speed & Metabolism
- The Wellness Bowl I’ve Been Loving Lately
- Healing My Body Naturally — One Step at a Time
- Rebuilding Strength After Abdominal Surgery
Final Thoughts š
This challenge is no longer about becoming “smaller” as quickly as possible.
It’s about:
- Building strength
- Creating sustainable habits
- Feeling healthier
- Understanding my body
- Improving my mindset
- Healing naturally
- Building confidence long-term
I’m excited to continue this next phase of my journey — stronger, wiser, and far more intentional than before ✨
š Blog: ClaudiaLifestyleBlog.com | š¼ LinkedIn – Claudia Dimes | šø TikTok | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook community: Women Who Move | š© 1:1 Coaching Email: claudiadimes2020@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!