26 May 2026

Why Intentional Training Matters More Than Exhaustion 💪🏽✨

 



One thing I’m learning during my new fitness and wellness journey is that smarter training matters just as much as harder training.

For a long time, I thought every workout needed to completely exhaust me for it to “count.”

But recently I’m starting to understand something important:

Recovery, intentional movement, consistency, nutrition, and understanding your body are all part of transformation too.


My Recent Workout Split 🌿

Yesterday I completed a longer kettlebell and Pilates session focused on:

  • Core activation
  • Upper body strength
  • Conditioning
  • Pilates sculpting
  • Mobility & endurance

So instead of overtraining the next day, I intentionally changed my focus.

Today’s workout became more of an active strength conditioning day rather than another intense overload session.


What I Focused On Today 💚

  • 🍑 Lower body activation
  • 💪🏽 Light tricep work
  • 🌿 Resistance band training
  • ✨ Glute-focused movements
  • ⚡ Mobility & controlled conditioning

I used:

  • Lighter dumbbells for the back of my arms
  • Resistance bands for glute activation
  • Overhead squats
  • Angled kickbacks at approximately 45°
  • Controlled lower body movements

One thing I learned is that the angled kickbacks target more than just the glute maximus.

This movement can help activate:

  • Upper glutes
  • Side glutes (glute medius)
  • Hip stabilisers

This is often why these exercises are used in programmes focused on creating more glute shape and stability.





Why Resistance Bands Are So Effective 🔥

Resistance bands may look simple, but they’re incredibly effective for:

  • Muscle activation
  • Improving stability
  • Supporting glute engagement
  • Increasing muscular endurance
  • Lower-impact strength training

Research suggests resistance band training can improve strength and muscular endurance similarly to traditional resistance training when performed consistently.

Research: Resistance Bands & Strength Training


Why Pilates Has Changed My Training 🧘🏽‍♀️

Pilates has honestly become one of the most important parts of my fitness journey.

I can physically see changes in:

  • My posture
  • Upper back definition
  • Core strength
  • Waist sculpting
  • Movement control

Research suggests Pilates may improve flexibility, posture, muscular endurance, and core stability.

Research: Pilates & Physical Conditioning

Pilates also helps me feel more connected to my body rather than simply “working out.”


Not Every Workout Needs To Be Extreme ⚡

I think social media sometimes makes us feel like every workout needs to:

  • Leave us exhausted
  • Make us sweat excessively
  • Be high intensity constantly
  • Completely destroy our muscles

But sustainable wellness doesn’t always work like that.

Some days your body may benefit more from:

  • Mobility work
  • Controlled resistance training
  • Active recovery
  • Pilates
  • Stretching
  • Walking

Especially when combining:

  • Kettlebells
  • HIIT
  • Progressive overload
  • Strength training

Recovery becomes essential for muscle repair and growth.


My Current Goals ✨

Right now my goals are:

  • Improve body composition
  • Increase muscle definition
  • Reduce body fat percentage
  • Improve posture
  • Increase strength
  • Create sustainable habits
  • Support my energy naturally

This journey is becoming less about “quick weight loss” and more about long-term health and intentional movement.


Fitness & Wellness Essentials 🛍️


Recommended Reading 📚


Final Thoughts 💚

I’m learning that intentional movement is powerful.

Not every day has to be extreme. Not every workout has to leave you exhausted.

Consistency, recovery, strength, mobility, nutrition, and patience all work together over time.

And honestly? That mindset shift alone has completely changed my fitness journey ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I’d love to hear anything you would like to add let’s discuss here!

My Honest Experience with Ecodenta Toothpaste 🦷🌿

  I've always believed that small daily habits can have a big impact on our health, and recently I decided to switch my toothpa...